This past week has been a roller coaster of emotions. Somewhere over the past few months, I fell out of the habit of gratefulness. For a while, I would write 3 things I was grateful for every day, and I think that helped me be happier. But time got in the way and work was too busy, so I forgot.
I don’t know if I mentioned this before, but my bestie Sylvia and I are embarking on a sugar free journey with the 21 Day Sugar Detox (or 21DSD). We started on Monday, and I am expecting to have my anti-candida supplements arrive today to begin that regimen. I will be doing 30 days of Para Cleanse by Nature’s Sunshine (10 days on, 10 days off, 10 days on again), as well as 14 days of Candida Clear by Nature’s Sunshine. So, including all of my supplements, here is what I am doing:
- 14 Days Candida Clear (this will probably suck because I know my Candida is really bad right now)
- 30 days Para Cleanse
- Enzymes with Meal
- Stomach Acid with Meal
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp Fermented Cod Liver Oil
- EFA Supplement
- Vitamin C Supplement
- Calcium, Magnesium, and Zinc supplement
- 21DSD extremely low sugar diet
The way I see it, If this doesn’t kick whatever parasites and candida I’m harboring, I don’t know what will!!
Detoxing has been going okay, though my emotions have been all over the place. I flip flop between ‘everything is cool’ and ‘the world is ending’ and it is really exhausting. What I hope will help is by doing the following daily:
- Write a sentence for 3 things I’m grateful for
- Pick one thing and elaborate on why I’m grateful for it, so that I get most of the details and I get a chance to relive a happy memory
- Exercise daily – I would say a minimum of 30 min total of walking
- Meditation – I don’t meditate well, but walking is very meditative for me
- Perform a Random Act of Kindness – And then write it down – give yourself a written pat on the back!
- Write down two things I’m looking forward to! – One caveat is that they must be something that I know when it is going to happen. For example, I can’t say that I look forward to the day my candida is gone, since I don’t know when it will be over. But, I can say that I’m looking forward to the end of the cleanse, since I know what day it will happen.
Doing this takes about ten minutes a day, so I’m going to see if this generally helps me feel happier 🙂
I will be doing this cleanse over Thanksgiving, and that’s going to be nuts, and I will be continuing to to this until I’m done with the Para Cleanse. I know that this cleanse is going to get worse before it gets better, but at the moment, things are okay!
Thanks for reading, and feel free to join me! So far, the recipes in the 21DSD cookbook are pretty good!